WHO WE ARE
The GDST Life platform belongs to The Girls' Day School Trust, a limited company registered in England (company number 6400 and registered charity number 306983) (The GDST).
BY USING OUR PLATFORM, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
THERE ARE OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
Our Privacy Notice.
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use the platform, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
You must provide accurate information about yourself during the registration process to establish your eligibility to register. When registering, you must not impersonate another person. By registering, you give us the authority to carry out any checks reasonably required to confirm that the information you have provided is accurate.
If any information you provide is found to be untrue or inaccurate, we have the right to immediately terminate your ability to use the GDST Life platform and refuse any future use of the platform.
YOU MUST KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS SAFE
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of registration or security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEBSITES WE LINK TO
Where our platform contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked sites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
We only provide the GDST Life platform for private use. You agree not to use our platform for any commercial or business purposes (noting that communications of a business nature are permitted to the extent these relate to the services provided on the platform, such as e-mentoring), and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We make no representation or warranty regarding the reliability or availability of the platform or services provided. While reasonable efforts will be made to ensure the continuous operation and availability of the platform, we do not guarantee its’ continuous operation and from time to time it may not be available.
From time to time we may need to suspend the GDST Life platform to carry out maintenance and, if possible, will make every effort to give sufficient warning about such downtime by posting an announcement. We are not liable for any loss or inconvenience, of any nature whatsoever, incurred or sustained by any user due to the disruption, discontinuation or unavailability of the platform at any time. Each user uses the GDST Life platform and the services provided by it at their own risk.
USER-GENERATED CONTENT IS NOT APPROVED BY US
The platform may include information and materials uploaded by other users of GDST Life. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our platform do not represent our views or values.
You may use our platform only for lawful purposes. You may not use the platform:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the GDST Life platform;
- any equipment or network on which our platform is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our platform; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
UPLOADING CONTENT TO THE GDST LIFE PLATFORM
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the GDST Life platform (Contribution), and to any interactive services associated with it. The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
We may determine, in our discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the following Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Include child sexual abuse material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from us (Aluminati) or the GDST, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
You warrant that any Contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our platform will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a world-wide, royalty free and non-exclusive licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our platform constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We are not responsible for the accuracy of the information posted by other users about themselves and do not verify these details except to the extent described above in relation to the registration process. Users of the GDST Life platform agree to keep all information relating to them on the platform accurate and up to date.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM
We do not guarantee that our platform will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our platform. You should use your own virus protection software.
As set out in Prohibited Uses, you must not misuse our platform by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our platform, the server on which our platform is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our platform. You must not attack our platform via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the GDST Life platform will cease immediately.
BREACH OF THIS POLICY
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the GDST Life platform.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to the GDST Life platform.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
WHICH COUNTRY'S LAWS APPLY TO ANY DISPUTES?
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICES
All source code, executable code, page designs and other copyrightable material (unless otherwise stated) are Copyright © 2002-2003 Aluminati Network Group Limited, and are used by its subsidiaries under licence from the Aluminati Network Group Ltd. All rights reserved.